ArcFault™ - High Voltage Arc Flash
High Voltage Arc Flash
ArcFault contains customizable calculation methods and equations allowing the user to account for future research on arc fault physical behavior.
ArcFault is fully integrated with Star™ protective device coordination module utilizing time-current characteristic (TCC) curves and short circuit calculations for arcing fault hazard evaluation.
ArcFault Software Capabilities
- Conversion factors from High Voltage Arc Flash to Arc-in-a-Box
- Current Limiting Fuse (CLF) modeling
- Time varying fault clearing time calculation & short circuit current decay
- Automatic or user-defined source protective device search algorithm option to simulate worse arc flash hazard conditions. Relay actions include 49, 50, 51, 67, 79, 87.
- Extended search past the point of multiple upstream source
- Perform arc flash analysis in Radial & multiple source systems
- The arc flash analysis software allows the simulation of differential relays, maintenance mode switches, & arc flash photo-sensors
- Alerts for personal protective equipment (PPE) ATPV rating violations (maximum allowable PPE arc rating alerts)
- Comprehensive protective device library
Arc flash analysis extends well beyond the scope of IEEE 1584 and NFPA 70E methodology for transmission, distribution, industrial and renewable energy systems. For many years, the industry has been lacking an ‘all-in-one’ solution for performing AC and DC arc flash analysis on LV, MV, and HV systems.