- Data Centralization
- Geospatial, Schematics, Planning, Protection and SCADA Operations
- Integrated Design Solution
- Model and solve transmission & traction power systems together
- Simultaneous solution of AC & DC power networks
- Comprehensive Design & Analysis
- Train Performance Calculation
- Power Flow / Voltage Drop
- Fault Analysis
- Harmonics, etc.
- Verified & Validated (V&V)
- Benchmarked against system measurements & global standards
- Designed and developed under ETAP nuclear quality assurance program
- Integrated Traction eSCADA
- Real-Time Predictive Simulation eliminates guesswork
- Sequence of Events playback for root cause & effect analysis
- Load Forecasting based on proposed timetables
- Switch Order Management with power flow based switch plan validation
eTraX is utilized by designers, planners and owner/operators to design and operate DC metros, AC suburban, high-speed rail, freight/mining, inter-city, light rail (LRT), automated people movers (APM), etc.
eTraX is utilized by consulting firms, design institutes, rolling stock manufacturers, project developers and owner/operators to:
- Conceptually design and study system behavior and operation
- Perform multi-physics simulation of train mechanical energy and corresponding electrical demand in a single unified solution
- Determine power and energy consumption of train services to design & analyze capacity of traction power supply
- Safely optimize number of trains using minimum headways and running time calculations
- Simulating contingencies (infrastructure failures, delays) and evaluating appropriate mitigation methods
- Rolling stock evaluation and comparison
- Effect of energy storage and regenerative braking
eTrax™ – Railway Traction Power Solution
This webinar introduces ETAP eTraX™, integrated solution for design, planning and operation of Rail Traction Systems. eTraX is utilized by railway owners, operators and engineering consultants to analyze, evaluate and monitor innovations and technologies utilized to increase energy efficiency, optimize substation capacity and improve train performance.
Introduction to ETAP eTraX™ for analysis and operation of Rail Traction Systems. Using advanced geospatial asset information, eTraX™ allows for the modeling, simulation, prediction and optimization of rail infrastructure.
This case study for Mumbai Metro Rail covers Operator Training Simulator (OTS), where the customer is specifically looking for a simulation environment to test their operations in a real-time environment for the following reasons: avoid errors, enhance communication & management of new crews, train inexperienced operators, certification and competency for operators, situational awareness & workload management. ETAP OTS helped Schneider Electric, India, to give the right solution for Metro Mumbai. ETAP OTS utilizes a model-driven power network that enables the customer to approve switching procedures, perform predictive simulations to verify correct switching actions with software-in-the-loop, replicate real-world situations with unlimited scenarios for knowledge transfer via a trainer-to-trainees learning environment.
HyperloopTT focuses on systems that moves people and goods safely, efficiently and sustainably; bringing airplane speeds to the ground by using passive levitation and electric linear propulsion in a low-pressure tube. This presentation discusses the complex power system challenges and collaboration with ETAP for conceptual design and detailed engineering of the 1st commercial prototype. The companies will then thereafter collaborate with ETAP and migrate the digital twin into operations to validate and improve the prototype design and extend to upcoming long-distance commercial & freight systems.