Enterprise Protection & Asset Management Software
Reduce Risk, Improve Accuracy & Ensure Compliance
Successful and continuous management of data and assets in a digital substation can be a complex process. Power system asset management requires orchestration that addresses data management, personnel training, systems integration, maintenance testing, documentation combined with change management workflows.
ETAP eProtect™ is a centralized enterprise protection asset management solution that communicates with field protection relays and ETAP Protection & Coordination modules to manage location, information and settings throughout the lifecycle of protective relays and electrical assets.
- Increased data quality & access management
- Automatic processing & setting file generation
- Relay setting change management
- Protection system maintenance plan
- NERC compliance summary reporting
- Relay settings dashboard & notifications
- Multi-user environment for relay management
- Protection visualization & evaluation
- Health monitoring & maintenance
- Integrated with Advanced Fault Analysis System
Concerns & Challenges
Solutions & Benefits
Transform to a Digital Substation
- Allow relay information to be kept in a central location
- Automatically retrieve relay information to simplify data collection
- Built-in templates and mapping without any complex communication
Data Integration and Change Management
- Data repository supporting historical, current, and proposed new versions of relay settings
- Web-based management system with access levels and editable information and functions
- Storage of documentation including manuals, application guides, instrumentation diagrams, and settings calculations
- Organization specific workflows and settings processes
Grid Code Compliance
- Integrated with Advanced Fault Analysis System
- Generate and print compliance reports
- Identify and mitigate areas of noncompliance
- Alerts for unauthorized changes
Asset Management Software Benefits & Value
- Maintain Grid Compliance
Establish & maintain compliance with protection relay & control (PRC) standards enforced by bulk electric system regulators such as NERC
- Vendor Agnostic
Manage relay configurations from multiple vendors in a single dashboard
- Improved Data Quality
Reduction in transcribing errors via automatic processing & settings file generation
- Effective Change Management
Relay setting change management with access rights control & auditing reports
- Verification & optimization with ETAP Star, StarZ & StarAuto
- Settings lifecycle management & workflows
- Auditing & settings history
- User access management
- Reporting & web services API
- Document library & management
- Network model management
- Vendor-specific interfaces & mapping
- Bi-directional device communication
- Multi-user web application
- Central & flexible data storage structure for power system equipment
Asset Management Applications
eProtect’s power system asset management software is leveraged from an ETAP model. Not only will you be able to find, share, track, update and store asset data but also optimize your network protection through an agile & flexible system which provides true insight into the big picture.
- Asset Management
- Digital Substation
- Asset Health & Indices
- Automated Fault Analysis
- Automated Data Collection
Enterprise Protection & Asset Management System
Protection assets are critical to the safety and reliability of power systems. Utilities face the challenge of maintaining and managing protection equipment and rely upon different systems to monitor, manage, and optimize protection settings. ETAP eProtect™ solution provides lifecycle management of protection assets by combining a centralized protection settings management system with automated protection and coordination tools. eProtect allows for device management, relay settings optimization, and management of change across the enterprise.
ETAP Intelligent Digital Substation Solution
ETAP integrates model-driven software and hardware, including intelligent controllers with real-time operational digital twins. This webinar demonstrates how ETAP Digital Substation solution allows you to monitor and verify controller actions and system response during the design, implementation and operation of the controllers.
Operator Training Simulator - Advanced Simulation Requirements & Solutions Benefits & Case Study
Solution Introduction, Case Study Presentation & Panel Discussion
- The digital foundation-based approach at every stage of the project utilizing the ETAP Digital Twin platform.
- Integrated design and automation to digital training for the facility.
- Emulating and simulating the real-time plant conditions for on-site competency development and training
- Digital protection and power management with predictive analytics for detailed visibility and operational efficiency
- Safety, power quality orientation for safe and reliable operation and management
- Use case of large oil & gas operating companies OTS deployment
Enterprise Asset Management & Automated Fault Analysis
Solution introduction & case study presentation
Remote Management of Protection Relays - Improved Productivity & Compliance Benefits
This presentation aims to define and demonstrate the importance of the remote management of protection relays in large power system networks. A protection system is vital for network security and reliability. A centralized system should aim to get each protection relay setting, records, logic, and status quickly and efficiently so that all these data can be analyzed, managed, and utilized.
In OETC grid stations, there are more than 4000 protection relays installed. OETC network is rapidly expanding every year. There are incidences of tripping due to various reasons. These isolated equipment restorations can be done faster if protection relays fault records, events retrieved through remote access. ETAP and OETC are jointly working on conceptualizing and implementing a fully functional system for remote relay access and data retrieval – eProtect.
This presentation discusses the technical requirements, networking solutions, cybersecurity requirements, features, testing, validating system requirements, and detailed benefits. Challenges faced during implementation will be discussed together with their resolution.
Login with your My ETAP account to schedule presentation
- Log in
- Sign up