Motor Starting Analysis Software
ETAP Motor Starting Analysis software enables system planners and engineers to calculate motor acceleration time and analyze the impact of motor starting for various conditions on electrical power systems.
With the Motor Starting software module, you can
- Examine effects and find solutions for load impact & voltage flicker
- Coordinate the starting sequence of multiple large motors
- Evaluate the performance of an entire feeder under the stress of starting motors
- Find the worst-case impacts of starting motors anywhere in your system
Motor Starting Software Key Features
Perform Dynamic & Static Analysis
The ETAP motor starting software module provides dynamic analyses explicitly designed to study the effects of starting motors within your system.
Flexible Sequence of Events
The motor starting software is fully capable of starting individual motors or transitioning an entire electrical power system to another state.
Create Detailed Motor Models
Analyses take advantage of a detailed motor model, including torque characteristics, fully considered by load-flow calculations. Sequence-start a series of machines using static or dynamic models. More on Libraries & Modeling
Optimize Motor Starting using Starters
Evaluate and choose appropriate motor staters like VFD and softstarters to minimize network impact. More on Motor Starters
Considers Network Dynamics
Include switching actions of reactive power compensation devices like Regulators, Substation Transformer Load Tap Changers, Switched Capacitor Banks, etc.
Advanced Plotting, Analyzers & Scripting
Advanced plotting and time varying graphical display enable engineers to quickly evaluate results and make decisions. More on Report & Result Validation / Alerts
- A comprehensive view, alert & warning of all starting motors within your system
- Helps you reduce unwanted effects
- Ability to run multiple analyses on various configurations
- Second-by-second data throughout the full starting cycles
- Simple settings include basic start delay
- Complex methods such as capacitor, VFD and soft starters
- Full consideration of factors such as substations, source impedances, and detailed line models
Comprehensive Results & Productivity Features
- Graphical Simulation Results – PlotView™
- Motor speed and torque vs. time
- Motor terminal voltage and current draw vs. time
- kW and kvar into service vs. time
- Service drop vs. time
- Scripted Study Automation
- Automated Motor Start Evaluation using Python Scripting
- Access Python API to Automate Result Analysis into comprehensive Excel reports
- Result Analyzer
- Compare multiple Motor Starting conditions & scenarios
- Quickly tabulate worst case from multiple motor starter combinations
- Plot Analyzer
- Visually compare multiple Motor Starting conditions & scenarios with alerts and events
- Quickly identify, isolate and share worst case from multiple “what if” conditions
This webinar presents the criterion and industry guidelines for motor protection in medium and low voltage systems, typical induction motor protection schemes and suggested settings for protective devices. The application of Automated Protection & Coordination evaluation tool for design, verification, and correction of settings are also demonstrated.
Learn how to perform Motor Acceleration Studies on any system, regardless of the project stage and available input data; from conceptual design, to FEED, to daily operations. Topics include Impact of Motor Starting, Data Requirements and Motor Parameter Estimation, Dynamic Motor Starting, Motor Acceleration using Transient Stability and Automated Motor Start and Result Analyzer.
This webinar covers machine fundamentals such as Conversion of Energy, Steady-State Operation, Motor / Generator, Ratings & Motor Equations, Efficiency & Power Factor vs. Loading, Motor Feeder Cable and Load Flow Solutions.
This webinar discusses the induction motor dynamic behavior for acceleration, deceleration and steady-state speed control conditions. It highlights how each of the key fundamental motor dynamic characteristics applies to different applications such as motor starting, fast-bus transfer, and motor parameter estimation and tuning.
Study case with two distant floating units interconnected with a subsea cable and fed by gas turbine generators. ETAP software has been used for motor starting analysis. A discussion about the choice of motor and generator models is developed and the comparison between calculation methods is presented. A particular focus is made on motor starting methods when direct on line is not possible, including soft starter simulation and VSD representation.
Learn to enter data for dynamic motor starting calculation and view the results graphically and via customizable plots.
Learn to enter data for static / impact motor starting calculation and view the results graphically and via customizable plots.