Optimal Power Flow
Optimal Power Flow Analysis
An optimized system will reduce the installation and/or operating cost, improve overall system performance, and increase its reliability and security. The program provides a variety of choices of optimization objectives, which covers virtually all the optimization criteria for a real power system.
Any practical control methods in a power system are considered in the calculation. Constraints for bus voltage, branch flow in different types (MVA, MW, MVAR, and Amp), as well as control variable adjustable bounds are also available for users to select and utilize.
Optimal Power Flow Software Key Features
- Minimize system real & reactive power losses
- Minimize generation fuel costs
- Minimize system energy costs
- Maximize system performance
- Optimize power exchange with other systems (on-site generation, utilities, IPP’s, & power grids)
- Minimize load shedding
- Minimize generator fuel cost or heat rate with different cost models & fuel profiles
- Determine control settings
- Control generator’s MW (governor) & MVAR
- Control voltage regulators (transformer tap positions) within the specified limits
- Control shunt composition devices (Capacitors and FACTS)
- Size capacitors within the specified limits
- Maximize voltage & flow security indices
- Flatten Voltage profile
Reliable, secure and efficient operation of power systems is becoming increasingly important due to drastic changes in technology and industry structure. Learn how Optimal Power Flow enables you to improve the electrical and financial performance of electric power systems while maintaining system resiliency & security.