Advanced Distribution Management System
Model-Driven Planning, eSCADA, DMS & OMS Solution
Advanced Distribution Management System must offer flexible solutions to address the core requirement of the new digital grid to provide resiliency and reliability to the network while having the scalability to intelligently and proactively assess the outcome of the operations and contribute to the new requirements to minimize network cost and improve asset optimization.
ETAP ADMS offers such an intelligent and robust decision support platform based on a unified Digital Twin of the electrical network with a collection of Geospatial-based distribution network applications integrated with mission-critical operational solutions to reliably and securely manage, control, visualize, and optimize small to vast distribution networks and smart grids.
Integrated electrical asset information with network connectivity & visualization
Intelligent Situational Awareness
Predictive analysis for what-if & future conditions
Advanced decision support analysis & adaptive optimization applications
Improved system outage response time & reduce restoration cost
Higher Reliability & Efficiency
Driven power reliability through reduced downtimes & operational risks
Increased Safety & Security
Improve system safety & security through real-world simulations
Operator Training Simulator
Accelerated dispatcher operation training
Improved Asset Management
Command & control of substation assets
Built-in Cyber Security
Secure grid management developed on a secure-by-design platform
Collaboration Support & Mobility
Shared network management & visualization platform with extended field mobility
Protocol & Vendor Agnostics
Robust integration with any legacy protocols and OEM hardware
Enabled implementation & integration with 3rd party platforms
Integrated ADMS Solution
ETAP ADMS is a combined planning and operation solution to manage, control, visualize, and optimize electrical power distribution networks.
Concerns & Challenges
Unified Decision Support Environment
- Build and verify actions and control logic using ETAP Digital Twin simulator before field deployment.
- Identify root cause and finding remedies for issues arising during the operation for normal, non-routine, and emergency situations.
- Develop competency, improve confidence, and increase knowledge of operations staff for better and safer system performance.
- Integrated with ETAP Microgrid Energy Management System for customer edge or distributed energy resource control.
- Scalable and modular solution to manage, control, visualize, optimize, and automate utility distribution networks from large cities to rural cooperatives.
Track & Restore Outages
- Intuitive & modernized operator’s user experience for Dispatchers, Planning Engineers, Reliability Analysts and Managers.
- Improved situational awareness with intelligence to provides efficient and reliable grid analysis and management during rapidly changing network state.
- Interfaces to third-party applications for Crew Management, Storm Management, and Estimated Restoration Time.
Featured Success Story
ETAP ADMS™ Transforms Noida Power’s Traditional Utility to a Smart Utility
Show more [+]
The implementation of ETAP ADMS enables NPCL to embark its journey towards smart grid implementation in the country wherein the Automation of every minute requirement has been taken care through business process-oriented implementation.
- Improved network performance
- Faster outage restoration
- Substation equipment maintenance
- Reduced dispatcher training time
- More efficient power management & delivery
Noida Power Company Limited (NPCL) deployed ETAP’s model-based Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) including an integrated functionality of SCADA, DMS & OMS to improve its network reliability, performance, and response to customers.
As one of the fastest growing utilities near New Delhi, India, NPCL serves a demanding industrial, commercial, and residential customer base of 71,000. NPCL’s electric utility system transformation is a part of the “Smart Grid Vision and Roadmap for India” which was launched a few years back.
ETAP ADMS provides advanced decision support capabilities for safe and reliable operation of the distribution network with a user-friendly environment and comprehensive functionality to enhance the management of medium and low voltage radial or looped distribution networks.
- Geospatial Electrical Diagram
- Network Connectivity Analysis & NetView
- Real-Time Distribution Operation Model & Analysis (DOMA)
- Switching Order Management
- Volt / Var Optimization & Control - VVO / VVC
Conservative Voltage Reduction - CVR
- Load Forecasting PRAS
- Distribution State Estimation with Load Allocation
- Intelligent Alarm Processing - IAP
- Feeder Balancing & Loss Mitigation
- Distribution Contingency Analysis - DCA
- Switching Optimization - SO
- Switching Sequence Management - SSM
- Fault Location, Isolation & Service Restoration - FLISR / FDIR
- Relay Protection Re-coordination (RPRC)
- Protection & Asset Management Solution - eProtect™
- Planned Outage Management
- Storm Assessment
- Web Clients & Mobile Views
- Trouble Call Management
- Crew Dispatch & Workforce Management
- Outage Analysis & Reporting
- Reliability Assessment – RA
Integrated ADMS Architecture
Advanced Distribution Management System - Session Intro
Solution overview and introduction of the presenters.
Smart City ADMS Case Study of Egypt’s New Administrative Capital
Transforming the ADMS concept into a smart city: a case study of the New Administrative Capital, Egypt Cities of the future will soon account for 90% of the world’s population growth, 80% of its carbon emissions, and 75% of its energy consumption. Added to this, by 2030, the world is projected to have 43 megacities with more than 10 million inhabitants in each.
Role of ADMS to Ease Power Distribution Operation
Noida Power Company Limited (NPCL) embarked on implementing the ETAP ADMS solution. ETAP ADMS has eased the NPCL distribution network's operation, improved outage response, and saved revenue in the process. This presentation will introduce ETAP ADMS and how it has transformed operations at NPCL. It will cover predictive planning and how NPCL has leveraged it to maximize revenue, enhance reliability, and improve customer satisfaction.
Log in with My ETAP account to schedule presentation
- Log in
- Sign up