Short Circuit Software
Save hours of tedious hand calculations and take the guesswork out of short circuit studies by automating the process with multiple calculation and result analysis short circuit software tools within ETAP.
ETAP short circuit analysis software analyzes the effect of 3-phase, 1-phase, line-to-ground, line-to-line, and line-to-line-to-ground fault currents on electrical power systems. The fault current calculation software simulates the total short circuit currents as well as the fault current contributions of individual motors, generators, and utility ties in the power system. Fault current short circuit duties are in compliance with the latest editions of the ANSI/IEEE Standards (C37 series) and IEC Standards (IEC 60909 and others).
The short circuit software makes it easy to go from selecting elements from the comprehensive libraries of short circuit current ratings to performing dozens of different types of short circuit analysis with the purpose of finding the worst-case fault current device duty. Built-in intelligence allows the short circuit analysis software to automatically apply all ANSI / IEEE or IEC factors and ratios required for high- and low-voltage fault current device duty evaluation.
Short circuit software determines fault currents and automatically compares these values against manufacturer short circuit current ratings. Overstressed device alarms are automatically displayed on the one-line diagram and included in short circuit study reports. Operation Technology, Inc. closely monitors industry standards and OEM data to ensure the ETAP Short Circuit study module is always up-to-date. The Short Circuit study module seamlessly integrates with device coordination and performs arc flash hazard calculations.
Short Circuit Software Key Features
Short Circuit Software Capabilities
- Automatic 3-phase device evaluation
- Device evaluation based on total or maximum through fault current
- Automatically adjust conductor resistance & length (both lines & cables)
- Global or individual device impedance tolerance adjustments for maximum & minimum fault currents
- Include / exclude fault impedance modeling for unbalanced faults
- Include / exclude shunt admittance for branches & capacitive loads (unbalanced faults)
- Graphical or tabular bus fault selections
- Automatically determine fault currents at motor terminals without the need to add additional buses
- Phase-shifting transformers
- Grounding models for generators, transformers, motors, & other loads
- Motor contribution based on loading category, demand factor, or both
- Short Circuit software extracts manufacturer published data from the libraries for thousands of devices
ETAP electrical fault current software saves hours of tedious hand calculations and takes the guess-work out of short circuit analysis by automating the process with multiple short circuit calculation methods and result analysis tools within ETAP.