- ETAP Overview - AC & DC System Modeling
- Multiple Language Support
- Electrical Data Conversion from ESRI® ArcGIS, PSS®E, SKM®, EasyPower®, etc
- DataX: Import/Export Excel, Export Load Ticket, SPEL Interface
- Project Management and Merge
- Renewable Energy - PV Array (Solar) & Wind Turbine Generators
- Load Flow Analysis & Short Circuit Analysis
- Arc Flash - AC & DC Arc Flash Hazard Assessment
- Data Center - Predictive Simulation of System Behavior
- Smart Grid & Microgrid - Monitoring, Optimization & Control
- ETAP Intelligent Load Shedding - Fast Load Shedding for Mining, Oil & Gas, and Generation Facilities
J.J. Dai, PhD, PE
Sr. Vice President Advanced Technologies / Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer
Dr. Dai has combined academic and industrial experience in power system for 30 years. He joined ETAP/OTI in 1992 and is one of the key developers for ETAP power system analysis program.
His areas of expertise are general power system engineering with emphasis on power system transient and dynamics, renewable energy sources modeling and integration studies, power quality and harmonics/interharmonics analysis, electromagnetic transients, electromagnetic filed and thermal filed numerical computation, model identification and parameter estimation, adaptive control, power system optimization, state and load estimation, real-time energy system management, industrial power system studies, and ground grid systems. He is actively involved in a number of IEEE PES, IEEE IAS and WECC committees, subcommittees, working groups and task forces for power system dynamic performance, power system dynamic modeling validation, power quality, power system analysis standards, and other activities. He is a senior member of IEEE, IEEE Industrial Application Society (IAS) executive board member, IEEE Standard Association Product Advisory Board member, past chairman of Power System Analysis Subcommittee of IEEE IAS Industrial and Commercial Power System Department (I&CPS), chapter chairman of the IEEE Brown Book, and chairman of industrial and commercial power system harmonic study standard. He has authored and co-authored more than 30 technical papers in IEEE transactions, conference proceedings and journals, and is a co-author of IEEE PES power system harmonic tutorial and IEEE IAS I&CPS dynamic tutorial and a book in electromagnetic transient.
He is a registered PE in the state of California.