click for larger image
The ETAP User-Defined Dynamic Models program can be used to build or customize complex machine control systems. This module allows users to build control block diagrams needed to simulate the behavior of machines in Transient Stability and Generator Start-Up simulations. The User-Defined Dynamic Models provide independent self-testing via load rejection, load acceptance, and terminal bus faults for validation of models and their dynamic behavior. The main application of the UDM module is to model dynamic control elements which are not part of the standard ETAP dynamic model library.
User-Defined Dynamic Models software is fully integrated into ETAP and allows for the creation of dynamic models without the need to buy additional MATLAB Simulink® software.
click for larger image
The User-Defined Dynamic Models software consists of Graphical Logic Editor (GLE) that allows you to build control transfer function block diagrams. The User-Defined Dynamic Models software also includes a detailed compiler with comprehensive initialization routines that allows you to utilize control block diagrams to simulate dynamic responses to power system disturbances via Transient Stability software.
Create Custom Block Diagrams
- Automatic Voltage Regulators (AVR)
- Power System Stabilizers (PSS)
- Generator Exciters
- Turbines / Engines
- Speed Governors / Controllers
- Static and Dynamic Shunt Models
- Wind Turbine Generator
- Photovoltaic Array
User-Defined Dynamic Models Software Key Features
- Full graphical model builder
- Graphical drag and drop interface for building custom control block diagrams
- Integrated with transient stability models
- Wide variety of blocks for building models
- Library of pre-defined UDM models to create complex models
- Customize existing UDM models
- Compile & test directly from the UDM builder
- Real-Time compiling & linking of models
- Control element toolbars including transfer blocks, input ports, output ports, etc.
- Automatic UDM links to components
- Import & Export MATLAB® Simulink® models
- Create & edit models for Exciter, Governor, Power System Stabilizer & Lumped Load
- Various model testing methods such as Load Acceptance, Load Rejection and Fault
User-Defined Dynamic Models Software Capabilities