OTI Announces Release of ETAP 7.1
New Version Expands Capabilities for Cable Sizing, Arc Flash, Short Circuit & Other Modules
Irvine, Calif. – November 19, 2009 – Operation Technology, Inc. (OTI), developer of the ETAP enterprise solution for electrical power systems, has announced the availability of ETAP 7.1, the newest release of the leading electrical power system analysis software. This new version expands upon the many enhancements added to ETAP 7.0, including new capabilities to ETAP Arc Flash, Short Circuit and Cable Systems modules:
In addition to the core power analysis and simulation capabilities ETAP customers are currently using, key elements of the new release include:
- Customize arc flash hazard labels.
- Evaluate LV circuit breaker capability based on maximum voltage per ANSI C37.13 / UL 489.
- IEC 60364 added to the numerous standards available in ETAP.
- Additional cable layers included in the Underground Thermal Analysis module.
- Transient Stability module enhanced with increased dynamic modeling with the addition of:
- Frequency-dependent network modeling.
- Frequency-dependent modeling for round-rotor and salient pole synchronous machines.
ETAP 7.1 is a complete program and does not require a previous ETAP installation. ETAP customers with active maintenance contracts will receive the new release free of charge. Request a free demo version of ETAP.
View details for ETAP 7.1
About Operation Technology, Inc.
Operation Technology, Inc. is the designer and developer of ETAP, the most comprehensive analysis platform for the design, simulation, operation, monitoring, control, optimization, and automation of power systems. ETAP is the industry leader used worldwide in all types and sizes of power systems, including generation, transmission, distribution, and all fields of industrial systems such as oil and gas, manufacturing, steel, concrete, mining, data centers, nuclear facilities, and more. Visit etap.com for more information.
For further information:
Operation Technology, Inc. Sales & Marketing
Back to Press Release Page