The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining marketing strategies for the assigned product lines. This includes matrix managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure customer needs and goals are met. The Product Marketing Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
The Product Marketing Manager is expected to conduct and evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implements marketing plan. Must be technically oriented with experience in software marketing, software business development and electrical system applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform power system analysis and design
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Deliver Marketing, Product and Software Requirements with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Lead software development teams through a design requirement process and support efforts with development of value maps, value proposition, competitive analysis and response, business case development and strategic pricing models
- Translating business functional requirements from application and application segment to market-ready programs
- Create and manage partner relationships for the segment.
- Provide expertise in applicable regulations and terminology
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Perform product demos to customers
- Develop sales tools and collateral
- Brief and train the sales force at sales meetings
- Position company products to take advantage of market growth opportunities by analyzing market structure; market and technology trends, preparing and communicating plans that support implementation of these initiatives
- Develop market strategies for launching software products and programs to customers
- Create and enhance product presentation materials
- Own product definition with MRD phase and continue through life of product
- Research the markets for the product, develop business strategies to win these markets
- Competitive analysis: Identify and develop competitor lists and keep up to date
- Create competitive collateral such as cheat sheets, beat sheets, data sheets and white papers
- Participate with sales in regular customer meetings on schedule and delivery of product
- Identify key features and work with development engineering to be sure the features meet customer requirements
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company values.
- Proactively establish and keep effective working relationships with all teams and departments.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (required)
- BS degree in Marketing, Engineering and related field.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a Technical Product Marketing role, software marketing preferred.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work with a global team of professionals.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and emails in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to internal customers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
Work closely with marketing, sales, and software development, responsible for developing technical content, product messaging and positioning, marketing plans, presentations, market research, and competitive analysis.
- Articulate a product's value proposition and competitive differentiation.
- Ability to do market research and competitive and financial analysis.