ETAP has the leading developer of electrical power system design, analysis, and real-time software solutions for nearly 30 years. As we grow, we’re continually looking for bright, energetic, go-getters to enhance our team. ETAP offers the career stability of an established company, but - because we’re growing 30% per year - we also offer the fast-paced, dynamic work environment of a startup; it’s a culture where good ideas and hard work are recognized and rewarded.
ETAP recognizes people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K with matching, stock unit plans, 100% company-paid medical and dental insurance options, prescription drug coverage, paid sick and vacation time, paid company holidays, access to on-site fitness center, and discounted tickets.
If you are ready for change - and ready to work for a company that’s changing the power and energy industry - please visit etap.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Working closely with management, the Marketing Communication Manager will direct a wide variety of marketing functions and projects. These include promotion of ETAP products and services, event coordination (e.g. open houses, conferences, trade shows), project opportunity/lead tracking using CRM software (Microsoft CRM Dynamics), advertising, collateral, e-communications and Web site support, as well as supporting other marketing and business development activities as required.
This individual will also be responsible for developing project plans across internal and external resources, tracking time and expenses, and assuring timely delivery. He or she will also responsible for ensuring understanding and adherence to ETAP’s marketing and communications policies, procedures, practices, and protocols while supporting the tactical marketing objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Personnel Management: Manage a five-person Marcom group including Graphic Design, Web, Event Coordination, Lead Generation teams.
- Project Management: Develop and maintain project plans for key marketing activities. Coordinate resources and escalate issues to assure timely completion. Track time and expenses. Coordinates global aspects of product launches and trade advertising, Provide reports, research, and coordinate meetings. Maintain marketing, event, and training calendars. Provides management with reports on marketing activities including website activities, leads and opportunities.
- Digital Marketing: Work with Web Designers and software developers to update content for website, including SEO, SEM, and CRM activities. Responsible for CRM Database organization and administration, including project management of application customization and modifications for system data capture fields, reports, and dashboards. Coordinate the mailing lists for print collateral and HTML emails as well as assist with the deployment of HTML emails. Pull lists for email campaigns, merge with additional lists, de-dupe, and notify sales regions of upcoming campaigns. Review and edit campaign materials. Develop and provide ongoing CRM system audit procedures to ensure proper data cleanliness and integrity, while ensuring adherence to procedures and guidelines. Provide first and second level support and training for CRM users.
- Marketing Collateral: Coordinate production of marketing materials including direct mail pieces, flyers, brochures, posters, displays, collateral, products, audio/visual, multimedia, newsletters, and print advertisements. Assist in development of company newsletters and white papers. Proof-read all content, check for consistency against printed material and our standards document. Order literature and collateral from all vendors as necessary.
- Public Relations: Assist in tactical execution of marketing and PR programs. Coordinate meetings for a variety of PR activities as directed, including activities with Universities engaged in our Power Labs Program. Seek opportunities for awards and technical paper submission.
- Events: Coordinate and execute all logistical aspects of annual tradeshow and annual events. Coordinate all aspects of sales meetings and training seminars. Manage special events such as webinars, seminars, workshops, etc. Recommend and manage trade shows and conferences planning, logistics and execution.
- Social Media: Provide ideas and copywriting for social media posts (Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter). Monitor social channels and recommend actions.
- Channel Marketing: Coordinates channel partner marketing activities. Act as point person for sales channel marketing support. Address representative requests for events, conferences, tradeshows, booth properties, training, advertising, collateral, etc. and manage co-op expenditure.
- Five years or more of related work experience in marketing, marcom, project management, conference planning, webinars, website tracking, collateral development, and support of marketing strategy/promotions.
- Documentable managerial experience of marketing personnel.
- Experience in desktop software marketing is essential; familiarity with electrical engineering / power systems industry extremely helpful
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practices. Ability to work effectively within a group with “team spirit,” as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision
- Highly organized, ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Detail oriented, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently across multi-departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. A clear, engaged, effective demeanor, with a positive, can-do attitude. Ability to effectively interact with senior management, supervisors, peers and clients, internally and externally.
- Solid writing skills, and thorough thinker
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong written and oral communications
- Experience with brand management and consistency
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Experience managing marketing projects using Microsoft Project and a working knowledge of CRM database (Dynamics CRM). Knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software, specifically the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing