6. February 2014 13:18
This year’s Distributech Conference and Exhibition was held in San Antonio, Texas and hosted over 4000 attendees. ETAP was proud to showcase the latest version of ETAP Grid, for transmission, distribution, and microgrid users. During the conference ETAP held four different technology sessions covering: Distribution Power System Planning & Analysis using ETAP Transmission & Distribution; ETAP Real-Time Distribution Management System; and Microgrid: Managing Distributed Energy Resources. Each session was well-received by attendees and highlighted the benefits of an integrated tool like ETAP which can cover all areas from design, simulation, operation, control, generation, transmission, through distribution.
Click here for more information on ETAP Grid.
14. January 2014 14:55
Seoul Data System Co. Ltd, which is the authorized dealer of ETAP in Korea, has reached an important milestone; distributing ETAP power system analysis software since 1994. ETAP is thankful to have had users and customers in Korea who have made it possible to reach this historic milestone. Many power-related enterprises, public and educational institutions, and laboratories in Korea rely on ETAP on a daily basis. As a result of this dependency, Seoul Data System has prepared many initiatives in 2014 which include:
- The 10th Annual User Group Meeting in Korea
- Training and seminars to educate local electrical engineers
- Continuing to build and train the ETAP team to better support Korea
For more information on ETAP’s 20th anniversary in Korea please visit: http://etap.co.kr.
6. January 2014 09:37
ETAP enjoyed a fair amount of notoriety in the second half of 2013; so much that we’ve expanded the “News” section of our Website to not only list our press releases, but also include coverage received by industry media. This coverage includes whitepapers, case studies, and other news of interest to the ETAP community.
For more information, please click here.
23. December 2013 13:09
ETAP was recently used for many projects in the Power Center for Utility Exploration at Buffalo State University. Students calculated short circuit currents at different buses by hand (pu method & flat start) and then ran simulations using Power World and ETAP.
The majority of students chose ETAP due to its user-friendly interface which was reported easy for them to master. They quickly learned (on their own) how to input data and adjusted them to match parameters from the assignment as they were different from the default values in ETAP. The students stated that they appreciated the comprehensive reporting capabilities that ETAP provided them.
To learn more about ETAP’s Educational Partners and Power Lab program please click here.
13. December 2013 10:55
ETAP is offering a whole new line-up of ETAP 101 Seminars for 2014. The ETAP 101 seminar is a practical, day-long session for electrical engineers interested in learning about the newest generation of tools for the analysis, design, operations, optimization, automation and control of power systems. Each seminar will be taught by professional ETAP instructors, and will cover timely topics facing members of the power engineering profession, including:
Power Systems Design & Analysis
- AC & DC System Modeling
- Multiple Language Support
- Electrical Data Conversion from Legacy Platforms
- DataX - Import/Export Capabilities
- Project Management & Merge
- Renewable Energy - PV Array (Solar) & Wind Turbine Generators
- Power Quality - Harmonic Analysis
- Protective Device Coordination/Selectivity & Sequence-of-Operation
- Electrical Safety Arc Flash Evaluation
- Cable Sizing & Shock Protection - NEC, IEEE, IEC, BS
- Low Voltage Systems
Real-Time, Model-Based Power Management
- Distributed Electrical SCADA Technology
- Smart Grid & Microgrid Technologies
- Predictive Simulation, Optimization & Control
- Intelligent & Fast Load Shedding
- Web-Based Clients
T&D, Smart Grid, Microgrid
- Transmission System Analysis
- Distribution Network Applications
- Geographic Information System
- Distribution Management System
To register, electrical engineers can visit the “Events” section on etap.com and select the seminar of their choice.